- Self-balance Multistage Pump
- Horizontal Multistage Pump
- Vertical Multistage Pump
- Boiler Feed Pump
- Split Case Pump
- Single Stage Pump
- Chemical Process Pump
- Mining Pump
- Oil Pump
- Pneumatic Diaphragm Pump
- Diesel Engine Pump
- Sewage Pump
- Inline Pump
- Submersible Pump
- Condensate Pump
- Mud Pump
- Axial Flow Pump
- Mixed Flow Pump
- Fire Fighting Pump
- Vacuum Pump
Reasons for the heat of the water pump motor
The motor is an indispensable part of the water pump. If the motor burns out, the water pump will stop working, delaying our construction schedule. Sometimes we can actually check the operation of the motor, such as carefully touching the motor with our hands. If we find that the motor is hot and should be dealt with in time, then what is the reason for the motor heating? Today we will briefly list a few points.
Causes of motor heating and hotness:
1. The quality problem of the motor itself is not good for heat dissipation. It may be the cause of the hot water pump motor, that is, the quality of the motor is not good. If this happens, the manufacturer should replace it in time.
2. Due to the incorrect selection of the water pump, the high-lift pump runs at low pressure, which will cause the pump outlet flow to be excessive and overload the motor, because the excessive load will increase the power consumption of the motor.
3. The grade of insulating material determines the allowable temperature rise limit of the motor. In IEC60034-1, the heat resistance of insulating materials, the division of insulating material grades and the calculation method of overheating are explained.
4. Since the liquid to be transported is a liquid with a relatively large specific gravity and a relatively high viscosity, the selected water pump is not suitable for the liquid medium to be transported. If the specific gravity is greater than water, the motor power should be increased, and the screw pump should be used for a large viscosity.
5. Abnormal vibration or noise of the motor can easily cause the motor to heat up. This situation belongs to the vibration caused by the motor itself, most of which are due to poor rotor dynamic balance, poor bearings, bent shafts, end caps, bases, and rotors with different shaft centers, loose fasteners, or motor installation foundations that are uneven or improperly installed. The result may also be transmitted from the mechanical end. Vibration will generate noise and additional load.
6. The air gap between the stator and rotor of the motor is very small, which may easily cause the stator and rotor to collide. In medium and small motors, the air gap is generally 0.2mm to 1.5mm. When the air gap is large, the excitation current is required to be large, which affects the power factor of the motor; if the air gap is too small, the rotor may friction or collide.
Generally, due to the serious over-tolerance of the bearing and the wear and deformation of the inner hole of the end cover, the different axis of the base, the end cover and the rotor will cause the bore, which can easily cause the motor to heat or even burn.
The water pump motor heats up and gets hot. Solution:
1. Improper model selection leads to unmatched water pump and motor. The motor should be replaced in time to avoid burnout.
2. The water pump is overloaded, and overcurrent operation causes heat. Find out the cause of pump overflow and solve it in time.
3. The pump shaft is bent or the two shafts are not concentric. Check and replace the pump shaft or adjust the concentricity of the two shafts.
4. Parts such as the inner bearing, bearing seat or rotor of the motor generate friction and heat.
We should pay attention to the heating or hot motor, and we must deal with it in time to avoid accidents and unimaginable consequences.